1. It's 1 minute until closing, a customer walks in and not only are they stopping you from going home but they also have no idea what they want, instant first thought: "WHY AN EARTH ARE YOU COMING IN? I'm not serving you, I want to go home."
2. A customer starts asking you for advice on a technical problem but the products is filthy with dirt and god knows what else: "how are you even using the device in this state, please go shower!"
3. A customer comes in quoting that customer service have told them we'll fix their problem: "I highly doubt it, more like they wanted you off the phone and now you're going to have to call back up."
4. Customer: It's a beautiful day outside isn't it?! Me: I know, I have to work so please quietly shut up.
5. A customer comments on your lunch break while your shop is crazy busy full of customers. "I haven't even had a lunch break!"
6. Those customers that come in stinking of BO: "Can you really not tell that you really really need a shower? Can I push you in a fountain?"
7. You're rota'ed to work 9-530... as if, more like working an extra hour a day, valuable sleep and chill time.
8. A customer comes in to buy say a phone or a fridge but has no idea what they want and expects you to go through every single product in detail: "Really? Okay get ready to set up camp for the night."
9. ...Or a customer comes in and knows exactly what they want and want with it: "(fist punch the air) woo hoo you're amazing and made my job easy."
10. I saw this item priced ...... at a completely different shop, are you going to match it: (you have no power to change it) "ermm no why are you here if you don't like our prices."
11. Customer comes in moaning and bitching about everything and anything ending up with I'm never coming in again, I will be leaving your service: "good, I'll happily not serve you again pretending to be polite."
Have you worked in retail? Can you relate to these thoughts?
As it gets to Summer I tend to start changing the perfumes I wear on a daily basis, so today I thought I'd share with you all 5 of my top Summer perfumes for you. They range from light floral to a more fruity scent so hopefully there's something here for you.
First up is the Soap & Glory Orangeasm Super Tonic Fragrance(£10). I'd describe this scent as being fruity and invigorating - it is definitely one for opening up and awakening your senses. I found the scent lasts 4-5 hours before needing topping up, so less than your average perfume, but with a large 100ml of perfume in the bottle this is going to be one to last you a while even with regular spraying. I loved using this one like a body spray last summer.
The second fragrance I've got for you is the Katy Perry Killer Queen's Royal Revolution EDP(£19.99). With top notes of pink freesia and red pomegranate, heart notes of sandalwood, orange flower and jasmine petals and base notes of musk and soft vanilla orchid this is definitely a fragrance slightly different to your usual offerings. It is a very light fragrance that wears extremely well on the skin, and has been a recent favourite of mine.
Ahh the Marc Jacobs Oh Lola!(£38.50) is a long-term favourite of mine, and probably my all-time Summer perfume favourite. The bottle photographed is actually finished unfortunately, but the smell is divine. It has a light floral scent that really seems to wake me up and then lasts all day as well, how can I complain?
The forth offering I have for you is another light floral scent with some kind of fruity element to it when first sprayed - the Ghost Eclipse EDT(£33.50). This settles into a pure light floral scent. I used to love the Ghost Cherish perfume when I was growing up so brought this on a whim a while back, and I am so glad I did. It is perfect for wearing on summer evenings out and I always feel extremely elegant when wearing this.
A product I was curious about since I first heard about it - I love the idea of just being able to spray a primer on and be ready to apply the rest of my makeup. This is where the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water came in.
The Smashbox Primer Water is said to "create the sheerest canvas for makeup application," "wake up skin, leaving it vibrant and radiant for hours," "restore moisture and hydrate for hours" and "refresh throughout the day."
As to create the sheerest canvas for makeup application I definitely agree this product does this - my skin is smooth to the touch after application. It does take a while to sink in, more than I would like on a standard working morning, but I guess this is to be expected with it being a liquid primer.
The Smashbox Primer does instantly wake up my skin leaving it glowing and vibrant which is still noticeable after full makeup application, but it does not leave my makeup radiant for hours sadly.
It also noticeably restores moisture but I don't believe this lasts for hours; by the end of the day my skin becomes noticeably drier particularly around my nose area. As to refreshing my face throughout the day, I believe the Smashbox Primer Water does refresh my face with ease.
So, what do I think overall? As I'm sure you can probably tell I have very mixed opinions on this product which is why it has taken me so long to review. On one hand I love it, but then it sadly lets me down where to me a primer matters the most. I found the amazing effect the Smashbox Primer Water originally leaves does not last very long, resulting in my primer fading. After only a couple of hours on every wear I have noticed signs of my makeup fading, not making much difference compared to me not wearing a primer at all.
I do love the original finish it leaves but I'm afraid this isn't the primer for me and I'm sorry for such a negative review but believe it's best to share my true feelings rather than rave about a product I unfortunately haven't gotten along with.
I will continue to use the Smashbox Water Primer as a mist, and see how that goes. Have any of you tried the Smashbox Water Primer? What were your opinions?
Wow, so apparently it's already the middle of April which means it's time for another mid-month favourites. I found it hard to pick my favourites this month, not because I didn't have any but I have been continuing loving the products I mentioned last month but I have got five beauty products for you.
The first beauty item is Vaseline's Spray and Go. I have had this one a while now but have only just started to use it and don't know how I ever went without it! It is essentially a spray-on moisturiser that sinks in quickly and is perfect for busy girls. I love how easy it is to use, but also that it doesn't leave my body feeling any less moisturised than when I use a regular body moisturiser, what more could I ask for?
A product I used to love last Summer has now began creeping its way back into my makeup routine and becoming a firm favourite again is the Bourjois Cream Blush in 02. Cream blushes definitely tend to be my favourites in the summer for the glow they provide, whilst also being long-lasting. This one leaves a gorgeous coral-pink shade on my cheeks.
Leading on from the glowy look is the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter! This was another favourite from last Summer and is genuinely my favourite highlighter I've ever used to date. I again love the glow it leaves, but how subtle it is ensuring I don't end up looking like a disco ball. I always find this highlighter easily lasts the day as well, impressive for a product costing £3.
Next up is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, a foundation I can't believe I've only just realised how good it is. This paired with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge leaves the most flawless natural finish I've ever seen. I have the shade 12 beige rose which matches perfectly with my skin-tone as well. I love this foundation if you hadn't guessed.
Lastly is a beauty product I haven't really used much before, a lip liner, the L'Oreal Paris lip liner couturein the shade 258 berry blush. I picked this up with the intention of wearing it alongside one of my lipsticks but have instead been loving wearing it all over my lip on its own. It creates a soft matte finish that lasts really well - I definitely want to pick up a few more shades from the line.
That's the end of my mid-month favourites for April, what have you been loving lately?
Do any of you struggle with finding the perfect sunglasses to suit your face shape? If you do you are not alone.
I find many sunglasses seem to drown my apparently small face leaving me with little choice. I've wanted a pair of cat eye shaped glasses since last year but struggled to find the perfect pair, well that was until I found the above perfect pair.
A pair of cat eye styled glasses complete with the leopard print. I love how the leopard print softens the overall look of the glasses - and believe this would work amazingly for any of you who have pale skin like me.
I also really really like the detailing along the edge of the glasses. It's very subtle but adds something different to the design.
These cat eye sunglasses cost me a mere £15 from Boots, a place I wasn't expecting to find my perfect sunglasses. What's your favourite style of sunglasses?
Now that it's starting to get warmer my makeup has slightly changed, with the highlighter coming back out and the CC cream making an appearance. I thought I'd talk you through a little of what I've been wearing lately and how I achieved the above look.
With my base done it was time to start on the rest of my face. Lately I have refound my love for the Sleek Brow Stylist, so used this to fill in and perfect my eyebrows. To set them in place I just used a Collection Clear Mascara(yes, I forgot to photograph this).
Following this I applied the blusher from the Tarte Amazonian Clay Palette to my eyes. I have been loving using this blusher on my eyes as it creates an amazing light pink matte finish, perfect for the Spring. I also use the blusher for its original purpose on my cheeks. I love the way this links my eyeshadow and cheeks together in a subtle manner. To finish off my eyes I coated my lashes in the Benefit Roller Lash to create a gorgeous fluttery effect.
To finish off my face I wanted to add a bit of highlighter. I used the MUA Undress Your Skin highlighterto do this, lightly covering my forehead, middle of my nose and the tops of my cheekbones.
So the weathers starting to get nice, the sun is shining, sunglasses can be worn but what else do you need? A summer playlist! Here's 40 songs I have put together to help you really get ready for summer! Let me know what you think in the comments below :).
1) Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
2) Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
3) Good time - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen
4) We're going to Ibiza - Vengaboys
5) Happy - Pharrell Williams
6) Hungry Eyes - Eyeopener
7) Shut Up and Drive - Rhianna
8) Miami 2 Ibiza - Swedish House Mafia vs. Tinie Tempah
9) Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
10) Roar - Katy Perry
11) All Summer Long - Kid Rock
12) Mambo No.5 - Lou Bega
13) Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
14) All I Ever Wanted - Basshunter
15) Wake Me Up - Avicii
16) Have a Nice Day - Bon Jovi
17) Troublemaker - Olly Murs fea. Flo Rida
18) Live While We're Young - One Direction
19) The Pretender - Foo Fighters
20) Wild Ones - Flo Rida
21) Surfin' Safari - The Beach Boys
22) Hey Ya - Outkast
23) Summer - Calvin Harris
24) Just Can't Get Enough - The Saturdays
25) I don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
26) Jumping All Over the World - Scooter
27) Fire Burning - Sean Kingston
28) It Wasn't Me - Shaggy
29) Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
30) Number One - Tinchy Stryder feat. N-Dubz
31) Drive By - Train
32) Waking up in Vegas - Katy Perry
33) I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
34) Bump 'n' Grind 2014 - Waze & Odyssey & R. Kelly