I don’t know about you but I’ve been feeling super Christmas-sy since November, and we even put our tree up then. I love Christmas… but I also know that not everyone loves it as much as me, so I thought I would share my favourite ways to get into the Christmas spirit.
1) Put up your Christmas tree – As soon as this is up, I am always super Christmas-sy but putting it up is so much fun too. If you pop on some Christmas music, get your other half or the family down, and spend an hour just spending time dancing around whilst decorating the Christmas tree, it’s the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit.
2) Make an orange hot chocolate – I could happily have orange hot chocolates all year round, but they do remind me of Christmas, as do chocolate oranges. They taste yummy too, so why not treat yourself?
3) Read a Christmas book – You may or may not know that I don’t read enough, but one thing I do like to read is a Christmas book during the festive period. It gives me all the holiday feels, and always makes me feel super Christmas-sy, saying that I haven’t picked up one this year yet, do you have any recommendations?
4) Drive around a road that you know has Christmas lights everywhere – Something I used to love to do as a kid, and something I love to see everywhere now is Christmas lights. Finding a road completely lit up is an amazing sight and is something that is generally exclusive to the festive period.
5) Plan a romantic holiday date – Whether it’s ice skating outside, going sledging, watching a Christmas movie at the cinema, or going for a festive meal out a romantic holiday date is so much fun. Coming home to a cup of something hot at the end of the night is a great way to end the date too.
6) Find a charity close to your heart – With Christmas being the season of giving, what better way to start the festive season by giving something back to a charity close to your heart, whether this is through a Christmas shoebox or a donation of money or un-needed items, it is a wonderful feeling well-worth doing.
7) Put together a Christmas playlist – This is something you will see on my blog soon and something I love doing, I mean Christmas music is so cheery. I’m sure by the end of listening to your playlist you might well be in the Christmas mood, I mean who can resist a bit of Mariah Carey’s all I want for Christmas is you?
8) Make paper chains – If you have children this one is even more fun, I used to love making these as a child and then decorating the house with them. It’s definitely something I want to do with my own children when we have them.
9) Visit a Christmas market– This might have to be one of my favourite ever things to do around Christmas, visit all the Christmas markets, as it really does give you all the festive feels. Take a look at the goods on offer, take it all in and end your trip with a mulled wine or a hot chocolate!
10) Bake seasonal treats – There’s nothing more fun than following a Christmas recipe, making your own, or just turning a regular recipe into a Christmas one with Christmas cookie cutters or Christmas cupcake cases. You could even pop on some Christmas music whilst you’re doing it too!
What are your favourite ways to get into the Christmas spirit? Are you a Christmas-sy person?