Looking back when I was just starting to get into wearing makeup on a regular basis there are some things about my beauty routine I always wonder so today I thought I would share with you 14 beauty tips I would tell my fourteen year old self.
1) Two bright coloured eyeshadows really do not work together, wear similar shades if you’re going to use more than one colour such as only browns or only purples.
2) If you’re going to use a brush/sponge to apply your makeup then stick with a buffing brush or an expandable sponge – they really are the best ways to apply your base and don’t leave marks.
3) Take off your makeup every night! It takes two seconds and you really can spare those extra two seconds to remove the days makeup.
4) Oh, and don’t only use face wipes when you do remove makeup – they are okay every now and then but generally unhygienic so not the best plan.
5) When trying to match your foundation use your neck for guidance, you aren’t quite as pale as you think you are.
6) Eyebrows! Stick to getting them waxed and don’t try to pluck them yourself, you will only end up regretting it.
7) Also, use a eyebrow pencil to define your eyebrows – it makes a world of difference to your overall face.
8) A Tangle Teezer is your best friend, go purchase one!
9) Purchase a body scrub for the Summer, it will do amazing at helping you keep your already difficult-to-obtain tan.
10) The Gillette Simply Venus razors are the only razors you will need – three blades and a curving end. You will still be using them aged 23.
11) If you learn how to curl your hair now you will know how to do so forever, it can’t be that difficult!
12) Gel liners will make lining your eyelids the easiest thing ever!
13) Twist-up shadow pencils too! Those lazy mornings when you really can’t be bothered but want to look like you have made an effort, these will save your life.
14) A face spritzer/spray is the perfect way to refresh your face half way through the day when you are too lazy to do anything else.
What tips would you tell your fourteen year old self? Can you relate to any of the beauty tips I have mentioned?